[GEMPAK #NXB-368161]: plot markers from gridded data

Hi James,

Took a quick look at this again and I'm not finding any obvious solutions and
believe I've figured out that plotting grip points depending on the value of an
ob is just not possible.

The only solution I can offer is to plot gridded data as points (parm values)
with a value mask:

in GDPLOT3 using 500mb hght as an example:

 PANEL    = t!b
 GDPFUN   = hght ! mask(hght,sgt(hght,5700))
 TYPE     = p

this should allow you to compare plots with and without the mask.  Not sure if
this is useful for you but it's the closest method possible with GEMPAK for
what you want.

Michael James
Unidata

> So if you want to highlight certain parameter values and NOT plot all the
> grid points in the domain, what do you do?
> For example my grid has values from 1-150 that I want to plot markers for,
> and the rest are values above 150 which I want to ignore.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > > I am trying to use gdplot3 to plot select grid points using the marker
> > > and colors attributes with type=M. The only thing I make work is to plot
> > > a plus sign at every grid point.

> > > Is there something I am missing?
> >
> > other than a GDFILE definition, which i assume you have covered, the above
> > should work.  i've attached a tested file mark.nts, using the NAM shortcut
> > for GDFILE, which you should load into gdplot3 with the command "restore
> > mark.nts" (assuming the file is in the current working directory).
> >
> > also attached is a gif of what I see.  can you confirm?
> >
> > Michael James
> > Unidata
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: NXB-368161
> > Department: Support GEMPAK
> >

> --
> The views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA,
> the National Weather Service, or the University of Oklahoma.
> James Correia Jr.
> OU CIMMS Research Associate
> SPC HWT Liaison

Ticket ID: NXB-368161