[GEMPAK #MIK-474893]: How to use "Enhancement Tables"

Hi George,

In SFMAP you can specify the enhancement table with the LUTFIL variable.
Enhancement tables are located in the directory $GEMTBL/luts/ and are covered
in the GEMPAK tutorial at:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/aesthetics.html#5.2

To define the lutfil requires only the table name (the directory $GEMTBL/luts/
is assumed).

So for the UNIDATA_VIS enhancement use the definition

LUTFIL = vis_upc.tbl

-Michael
Unidata

> I have a problem to use "Enhancement Tables" when I use sfmap to plot
> with satellite visible.
>
> In the weblink:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/tables/tables.html
>
> it is said "Several predefined color tables are provided with the Gempak
> distribution, and can be used within Gempak programs by specifying:
> LUT enhancement.tbl at the program prompt after the display is generated."
>
> I like the one "UNIDATA_VIS" showed on the wegpage:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/tables/vis_enhancements.gif
>
> But when I typed "LUT enhancement.tbl" or "LUT UNIDATA_VIS", I got
> error message:
>
> GEMPAK-SFMAP>LUT enhancement.tbl
> [IM -8]  Could not open LUT file enhancement.tbl
> GEMPAK-SFMAP>
> GEMPAK-SFMAP>LUT UNIDATA_VIS
> [IM -8]  Could not open LUT file UNIDATA_VIS
> GEMPAK-SFMAP>
>
> I'm not quite clear how to do it.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Best regards,