[GEMPAK #KCB-576172]: Error Compiling Gempak 6.2.0

Ryan,

I see the error in your make.out file:

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/home/gempak/NAWIPS/extlibs/xslt/libxslt':
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

which suggests that you may not have gcc-c++ installed on your system.  you'll
need to make sure you have glibc, glibc-headers and glibc-devel installed.
check to see if gcc and cpp modules are installed (and check for glibc) with:

rpm -qa | grep gcc

rpm -qa | grep glibc

rpm -qa | grep cpp

Michael James
Unidata Support

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile Gempak 6.2.0 on our Linux Server which uses
> CentOS 5.  I installed the appropriate libraries and gfortran compiler,
> and then proceeded to compile gempak.  although it does so without any
> fatal errors, some of the more basic commands are missing (such as gpmap).
> i checked (and attached) the make.out file and it seems there is an
> issue with the libxslt libraries.
>
> do you have any recommendations to solve this issue?
>

> thanks for your time.
>
> Aloha,
> Ryan

> Ryan Lyman