[GEMPAK #RXM-117092]: gempak 6.2.0 garp model seg fault

Hi Neil,

I'm unfamiliar with this problem and can't reproduce it on my end, but I've
done only limited testing on OS X up to this point.  I'm assuming memory
allocation isn't the cause since you would see allocation error messages if it
were.  Is it possible for you to capture a core file with debugging enabled?
is there more information available in the verbose mode message log?

-Michael

> OS: Mac 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
> GEMPAK 6.2.0
>
> I'm getting a segmentation fault after garp is started and the model plan
> projection is selected.
>
> Running garp in 'verbose 5' mode, I see the first (alphabetically) file in
> the directory (/data/gempak/model/nam) opened for 'CreateGridInfoObject'. The
> next step, 'GetModelLabelsFromList' from the same file, is followed by the
> seg fault.
>
> Any suggestions, or any further tests I can do?
>
> -Neil
> ---
> Neil Smith         address@hidden
> Comp. Sys. Mngr., Atmospheric Sciences