[GEMPAK #XZS-545056]: weather symbol placement in SFMAP

Marcus,

It seems you've discovered a bug with SFPARM.  I see some odd behavior (not
recognizing positions higher than 11, or mis-placement as you mentioned).

I'm looking into it, but for now you may be limited to the first 11 positions,
as mentioned in
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?sfmap

    The order of the input parameters determines their location
    on the plot.  Parameters are separated by semicolons.  A
    position may be skipped by entering two consecutive semicolons
    or entering the name SPAC or BLNK.  A parameter will be
    plotted centered at the station if it is the first parameter
    in the list, for example, if SFPARM = SKYC, the sky cover symbol
    will be plotted centered on the station location.  If no
    parameter is to be displayed centered on the station location,
    a semicolon must appear before the first parameter listed.
    SPAC or BLNK may also be entered.  The following chart shows
    the location on the model of each position.

                                8
                        2       10      4
                        3       1       5
                        6       11      7
                                9

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello-
>
> I am plotting a simple SFMAP.
>

> I am trying to get WSYM to be placed in position 12 (instead of the usual 3),
> but it seems to make no
> difference.  All I want is to have it *well left* of positions 2 and 6.
>
> Again, I have tried position 12 (and 18, 19, 20, 21), and SFMAP still places
> it only as far left as position 3.
>
> I have also tried putting a BLNK and SPAC in position 3, and tried WSYM in
> position 12, to no avail.
>
> Am I missing something?  Is there any other setting for justification of WSYM?
>
> -Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Büker    ><+>
> Department of Geography