[GEMPAK #XZR-807616]: gempak 5.11.4 build problem on RH 5.5

Hi Arthur,

Sorry about the netCDF bug.  I have a patch available that should fix the
problem.

download the patch to $NAWIPS/extlibs/

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/mjames/gempak/netcdf_patch_201009.tar.gz

then:

cd $NAWIPS/extlibs/
rm -rf netCDF
tar -xvzf netcdf_patch_201009.tar.gz  (this will create a new directory
"netCDF")
cd netCDF
make all install

at this point you should be able to go back to $NAWIPS and complete a "make
all" without any further build problems.  If you do encounter additional
problems please let me know and I'll take a look at what I can help with.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Hi...
>
> I'm trying to build gempak 5.11.4 on RH 5.5 but part of the build fails
> due to netCDF failing with "`doc_DATA' is used but `docdir' is undefined".
> I found a reference to this problem in the support-gempak list from April
> 8, 2010 which stated there was no solution at that time.  Has any progress
> been made on this problem?  Is some version of gempak supported on RH 5.5
> or is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563
>

> Hi...
>
> I'm trying to build gempak 5.11.4 on RH 5.5 but part of the build fails
> due to netCDF failing with "`doc_DATA' is used but `docdir' is undefined".
> I found a reference to this problem in the support-gempak list from April
> 8, 2010 which stated there was no solution at that time.  Has any progress
> been made on this problem?  Is some version of gempak supported on RH 5.5
> or is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: XZR-807616
Department: Support GEMPAK