[GEMPAK #LCX-442413]: GARP crash

Hi Frank,

Do you happen to know the OpenMotif version installed on this system?

Also, if you run garp from the command like with verbose level 2,

"garp -verbose 2"

and run through the sequence of use as described, what kind of errors are
reported?

Michael James
Unidata

> Greetings:
>
> I am having problems with GARP crashing.
>
> I am running GEMPAK5.11.4 on a linux box.  When I type "ntl", the
> program starts just fine.  When I click on the GARP icon, it opens
> up fine.  I am using the same Garp_defaults setting that I used
> with the previous version where all icons/programs worked without
> a hitch.  Now, some icons work, some don't.  Some work part of the
> way through (such as the data file and variable selection window
> opens), but when I hit display, it crashes.
>
> I have tried checking all kinds of paths based on previous emails
> sent to the support list (as found on the UNIDATA page).  However,
> I am still having issues.  Is there a log file somewhere for garp,
> or a way of creating one, so that I can see what some of the issues
> might be?
>
> Thanks!
>
> peace,
> Frank

> Frank J. Marsik
> Dept. of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences U-M Air Quality
> Laboratory
> Space Research Building, Rm 2109       "We must remember that intelligence
> 2455 Hayward Ave                        is not enough.  Intelligence  -
> Ann Arbor, MI  48109-2143               plus character - that is the goal
> of true education."
> Phone: 734-763-5369
> Fax:   734-763-0437                             - Martin Luther King

Ticket ID: LCX-442413
Department: Support GEMPAK