[GEMPAK #BHD-378433]: help installing GEMPAK under Ubuntu Linux

Hi Vijaya,

Unidata provides a GEMPAK installation guide located at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/Install_GEMPAK.html

The steps involved in building GEMPAK are:

1) download the source tarball from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp

2) unpack the tarball in the directory where you want GEMPAK to be installed
(we suggest the home directory for the user "gempak")

3) Configure your setup by editing GEMPAK5.11.4/Gemenviron, if neccessary

4) source the Gemenviron file (command prompt is "source
GEMPAK5.11.4/Gemenviron" for tcsh and ". GEMPAK5.11.4/Gemenviron" for bash)

5) Build the distribution with make - outlined under bullet point 3 in the
"Build and Install the Package" section of the installation guide.

If you see any errors in your make.out file after you've attempted a build,
write back to be and attach the file and I'll take a look.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Hi This is vijaya.
>
> here is my user id address@hidden
>
> and
>
> would you please let me know how to install GEMPAK in ubuntu linux. It would
> be really appreciated if you provide the clear steps to install it. Thank
> you very much

Ticket ID: BHD-378433
Department: Support GEMPAK