[GEMPAK #OEA-962048]: Sflist throwing memory fault.

Hi Yeshwanth,

The SFLIST error you're seeing is likely a result of either a damaged or
incorrectly written file header, for an unknown reason.  I'll check on the
ldmadmin issue here and get back to you, and perhaps have more information
about why SFLIST is having trouble reading file headers.

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Hello,
>
> For the last three days, I have issues with the surface dataset that is
> downloaded from LDM.
>
> I have configured the system , a month back and till day before
> yesterday, I did not have any problem with the datasets.
>
> Now if i sflist for example, I get the following output.
>
> <ldm@stribog:3020>$ sflist
> SFFILE    Surface data file
> $GEMDATA/surface/20100715_sao.gem
> AREA      Data area                         48;-118;60;-90
> DATTIM    Date/time                         15/1700
> SFPARM    Surface parameter list            barb;tmpc;dwpc
> OUTPUT    Output device/filename            t
> IDNTYP    STNM or STID                      stid
> Parameters requested: SFFILE,AREA,DATTIM,SFPARM,OUTPUT,IDNTYP.
> GEMPAK-SFLIST>sfparm=tmpc;dwpc
> GEMPAK-SFLIST>run
> [TI 2]  The time 100715/1700 is not found in the data set.
> [TI -2]  No valid times entered.
> Parameters requested: SFFILE,AREA,DATTIM,SFPARM,OUTPUT,IDNTYP.
> GEMPAK-SFLIST>sffile=$GEMDATA/surface/20100716_sao.gem
> GEMPAK-SFLIST>dattim=16/1000
> GEMPAK-SFLIST>run
> PARM = TMPC;DWPC
>
> STN    YYMMDD/HHMM      TMPC     DWPC
> CPBT    100716/1000     13.00     9.00
> CPEH    100716/1000     12.00    10.00
> CPXL    100716/1000     15.00    10.00
> [FL -4]  Cannot read file ....
> Memory fault
>

> Another thing that i have noticed is that the ldmadmin if it runs
> continuously for three days, I cannot stop the ldmadmin after that, in a
> normal way. I have to kill the process to restart it.
>

> Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Yeshwanth

Ticket ID: OEA-962048