[GEMPAK #WBY-457057]: Gempak installation problem

Hi Yeshwanth,

The font warning and X_OpenFont error sounds like you need to install some font
packages on your machine.

Two previous Unidata/GEMPAK tickets discuss the same error (if you are also
seeing error messages like "Warning: Cannot convert string
"-adobe-helvetica-*-r-normal-*-14-*-75-75..."

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05527.html

and

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg00713.html

-Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have new error that I need some help.
>
> If I try to start NMAP2, an error called X_Openfont pops up.
>
> I tried goggling it and found that it has to do with installing fonts.
> Is the problem related with fonts or something else ?
>
> Should I open a new ticket for the problem ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Yeshwanth
>

> On 6/10/2010 5:17 PM, Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> > Yeshwanth,
> >
> > I've determined the build error was due to issues with the current netCDF
> > library being built for GEMPAK 5.11.4 on your system - however the error
> > messages that netCDF reports weren't in the make.out file that you
> > attached, I believe because they may only appear in the first clean "make
> > all" attempt and not subsequent attempts without first a full make
> > distclean.
> >
> > So, as of now GEMPAK programs should work correctly on your system, but
> > please let me know if you encounter any strangeness or bugs.
> >
> > Michael
> > Unidata User Support
> >

> >> I am not sure what up to date means here.
> >>
> >> The uscore.h file has Feb 16 date on it.
> >>
> >> "grep im_lutf uscore.h" did return a value.
> >>
> >> Anyways I replaced the file and built it again.
> >>
> >> Still I am getting errors while installation and programs like sflist are
> >> not working.
> >>
> >> Please let me know if you need anything else.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Yeshwanth
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: WBY-457057