[GEMPAK #JTO-577675]: dcgrib2 issues

Hi Jamie,

First I'm curious what OS and GEMPAK version you're using.

Then we have two options to play with: either you can manually run dcgrib2 with
verbosity level 4 (dcgrib2 -v 4 ***.grib ...) and report back what is printed
in  "SECTION 5 - DATA REPRESENTATION SECTION" - or you can point me to where I
can find one of these files to play around with myself and try to find a
solution (perhaps both would be best).

Michael James
Unidata Support

> Hello Unidata Support,
>
> My name is Jamie Wirth and I am a graduate student at NC State
> University.
>
> I've been working with raw RUC data for some of my thesis work.  I have
> a subroutine that un-tars the raw data and runs dcgrib2.  I have run it
> on several different sets of data (all the same data, just different
> days) without much trouble.  However, on my most recent set of data
> (from 2008, my other data was from 2003 and 2004) I have run into an
> error that I don't know how to fix.  I'm not very well versed in this
> kind of thing and I had a lot of help with my subroutines from friends
> several years ago so I don't know how to fix much on my own.  When I
> run my routine it un-tars the raw data so that it ends up being
> ".raw.grib2" files.  From there however, when it tries to run dcgrib2 I
> get the following error:
>
> getdrstemplate: DRS template 5.40 not defined. Segmentation fault (core
> dumped)"
>
> I'm not sure what this means or why it is happening now being as I
> haven't changed my routines at all and these routines worked on
> previous data sets.  Any help that you could give me would be great.
>
> Here is my routine:
>
> #! /bin/csh
>
> source /home/jbwirth/aliases.csh
>
> foreach yyyy (2008)
> foreach mm (08)
> foreach dd (27)
>
> set dget='sgpallruc20isoX1.00.'$yyyy$mm$dd'.000000.raw.tar
> tar -xvf $dget
>
> foreach hh (03 04 ...)
>
> 'sgpallruc20isoX1.00.'$yyyy$mm$dd'.'$hh'0000.raw.grib2'
> end
>
> Any help you can give would be great.  If you have any questions just let
> me know.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Jamie Wirth
> NC State University
> Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Science Department
> Coastal Fluid Dynamics Lab
> Office: Jordan Hall, Rm. 3148
> (610)331-5594

Ticket ID: JTO-577675