[GEMPAK #BRI-804807]: bug in gplt

Mark,

All of the CED model grids stop one grid point interval short of 360 degrees
and this is how NAWIPS was developed and tested; the duplicate column is added
by the GPLT code, if necessary.  A workaround to this, if your data does
stretch the full 360 degrees, is to use gdcfil and gddiag to create a grid that
does not extend 360 degrees and let the code that already exists add the column
when needed.

Hope this helps,

Michael

> >>Full Name: Mark Hughes
> >>Email Address: address@hidden
> >>Package Version:
> >>Operating System:
> >>Hardware:
> >>Description of problem: Hi,
> >>
> >>This isn't a request for help, per se.  Rather, I found a bug and would
> >>like to share the solution.
> >>I am producing Wind and Temperature plots of GRIB data decoded by dcgrib2
> >>and plotted by gdplot2.  gplt is the device driver.
> >>A customer observed that at longitude -30 there were occasional double
> >>plots.  gdinfo reports the following:
> >>
> >>GRID NAVIGATION:
> >>PROJECTION:          CED                     GRID SIZE:          289 145
> >>LL CORNER:             -90.00    -30.00
> >>UR CORNER:              90.00    -30.00
> >>
> >>I dumped the grid from the function gbarb.f and discovered that the two
> >>values at -30 (right edge and left edge) differ slightly.
> >>
> >>My solution was to copy speed and dir from the first instance at a given
> >>latitude to the second instance.  I attach the source code.
> >>

> >Ticket Details
> >Ticket ID: BRI-804807
> >Department: Support GEMPAK

Ticket ID: BRI-804807