[GEMPAK #AWY-205513]: nmap2 problems with model grids

Hi Mike,

This does seem odd, as it was an nmap2 bug from last year that has been fixed
for some time.  Any other symptoms or error messages that may provide some
help?  Any chance you can catch a core file and report where it segfaults?

To do this run "limit coredumpsize unlimited" at the command prompt and then
run nmap2, cause the segfault as you normally would, then open the file with
gdb: "gdb $OS_BIN/nmap2 X", where X is the name of the newly created core file.
 From the gdb prompt type "where" and you should see the calling sequence where
it crashed.

Hopefully we can gather some more information this way and figure out what the
problem is.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello-
>
> I've been having trouble with NMAP2 since Nov 2009,
> when I try to load a model grid it core dumps and prints
> a few hundred error messages like the following:
>
> TI_DAYM:  WARNING:  Invalid month =    134603950
> TI_DAYM:  WARNING:  Invalid month =    134603950
> TI_DAYM:  WARNING:  Invalid month =            0
> TI_DAYM:  WARNING:  Invalid month =            0
>
> We have recently (in the past week) tried downloading the source
> tarball for 5.11.4 and recompiling but continue to find the same errors.
> I have no trouble loading either surface obs or image data.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Mike Baldwin

Ticket ID: AWY-205513
Department: Support GEMPAK