[GEMPAK #SGR-642584]: How to use the GEMPAK distribution under Linux

Hi Miles,

The GEMPAK source installation instructions are located at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/Install_GEMPAK.html

including instructions on how to uncompress the gzipped tar file.

Your linux system will need to have both the base OpenMotif and development
package installed.  The system specific packages can be downloaded from

http://www.motifzone.net/filebrowser/openmotif

Version 2.3.1 is recommended.

If this is your first attempt at building GEMPAK, please be sure to follow the
instructions carefully. If you encounter unexpected problem let me know and I
will help.

Michael James
Unidata

> I just downloaded Gempak...just wondering what type of linux software is
> required to run it and how to unzip the file.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> - Miles

Ticket ID: SGR-642584
Department: Support GEMPAK