[GEMPAK #CTM-774611]: Trouble running multiple GEMPAK scripts out of shared memory

Hi Greg,

The easiest solution I can offer is to use the _gf version of the program
you're using, which will link the driver directory to the program and thus
doesn't require both gplt and the device driver. For example, gdcntr_gf links
the gif driver with gdcntr. You can build these programs by running the "make
programs_gf" command in $NAWIPS.

As for the issue of shared memory, you may decide that you want to manually
allocate more shared memory on your system, and there is a McIDAS man page
which details this at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/workstation.html

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> I'm having trouble with multiple
> GEMPAK scripts running me out of shared memory ( a project we are
> supporting is asking for gifs of 80 NIDS products in real-time every 5
> minutes and I'm having problems keeping up.) An ipcs command shows:
>
> ------ Shared Memory Segments --------
> key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status
> 0x00210d2f 0 root 777 512000 4
>
> which looks like 512 Kb of shared memory to me. Does GEMPAK have any
> limits on how much it will recognize or use? Any suggestions on what
> this number should be increased to?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

> Greg Stossmeister
> NCAR/Earth Observing Laboratory (EOL)
> Telephone: (303)497-8692 Facsimilie:(303)497-2044
> e-mail: address@hidden
> Mailing Address: Shipping Address:
> NCAR/EOL UCAR Foothills Lab 1
> P.O. Box 3000 3450 Mitchell Ln