[GEMPAK #KWT-242614]: NMAP2 capabilities?

Hi Bill,

I've attached a few files that should help you get this going.

the first two are nmap restore files called 700mb_rh and 850mb and should be
placed in $NMAP_RESTORE/stnd/

the second is an updated mod_res.tbl and should be placed in $GEMTBL/nmap/

with these files you should be able to load 700mb and 850mb relative humidity
in NMAP for the ECMWFG model

the design of the relative humidity field was taken from a similar restore file
and includes a combination of color-filled and regular contours, which you are
free to change and customize by editing the two restore files (and can be
combined with other restore files if you want a more complex design).

let me know if you have any troubles.

best,

michael james

> I chatted with Don and Mike at the Unidata meeting, but just so you have
> it in writing, I wanted to ask if you could make changes so that NMAP2
> would display ECMWF rel.humidity forecasts?  Garp does this but NMAP2 does
> not.  Another nice feature of garp that I think may be missing in NMAP2
> (and might be nice to have if NMAP2 could be modified) is the ability to
> go into the entry window in garp and modify it (e.g., choose 12h precip
> and then modify it to show 108 hour precip accumulation).  It would be
> nice to have a function entry window to be able to have NMAP2 plot
> anything gempak currently can.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> |   William A. Gallus, Jr.                       |
> |   Professor of Meteorology                     |
> |   Professor-in-charge, Meteorology Program     |
> |   3025 Agronomy                                |
> |   Iowa State University                        |
> |   515-294-2270                                 |

Ticket ID: KWT-242614
Department: Support GEMPAK