[GEMPAK #YKO-753231]: GDSTAT doesn't like GDATTIM = all

Hi Eric,

You may try explicitly defining the range of times you want processed, such as:

GDATTIM = 550401/0000F000-580201/0000F000

One thing to keep in mind if you used DCGRIB2 to decode the ds010.1 grib1 files
to GEMPAK format, you will not see grids which have the date/time specified
using the 0th day of the month, such as 51010012, which would be January 1952,
day 0, 12z

DCGRIB2 will not recognize this as a valid day and so will not decode those
grids. I'm looking into an update to DCGRIB2 in order to handle the 0th day of
the month, but if you have any flexibility to edit the 0th day to the 1st of
the month, that would solve this problem.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Full Name: EriC Kelsey
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.1
> Operating System: Mac
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the stats for all the grids (588) in a file that is a
> subset of the ds010.1 SLP dataset (all months from 1899-1947).  Here's the
> input and error message:
>
> GDFILE   = slp_1899_1947.gem
> GDOUTF   = slp_1899_1947.gem
> GDATTIM  = all
> GLEVEL   = 0
> GVCORD   = none
> GFUNC    = pmsl
> GRDNAM   = pmsl
> GEMPAK-GDSTAT>r
> [DG -22]  TIME all is invalid.
> Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDOUTF,GDATTIM,GLEVEL,GVCORD,GFUNC,GRDNAM.
> GEMPAK-GDSTAT>
>
> Why won't it accept "all"?
> Thanks for your help.

Ticket ID: YKO-753231