[GEMPAK #JXG-744458]: Missing GEM files on new servers

Scott,

You're going to want to look at pqact.gempak_decoders in ~ldm/etc/GEMPAK to
resolve the path issue.  It sounds like the setup on your old machine was in
the form of $GEMDATA/model/eta/, for example, while the new setup is either
different or hasn't been fully configured yet.

Look for entries in this file that specify (or try to specify) the $GEMDATA
directory, such as data/gempak/model/eta/YYYYMMDD...

Be sure to check:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/configuration.html

for instructions on how to configure GEMPAK with the LDM if you haven't
completed that step yet.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> I recently installed LDM/Gemapk on a "new" server and I'm not able to
> figure out where some of the GEM files were coming from on the "old"
> server.  I'm pulling all the same feeds and went through the GEMPAK
> configs on the old server and couldn't see where the GEM files were
> getting created.  I have a script that plots (supposedly) plots sea
> level pressure forecasts (forgive me b/c I'm the computer admin not
> the weather guru) and it is looking for the following file:
> set gdfile=$GEMDATA/model/eta/${cc}${yy}${mm}${dd}${fh}_eta212.gem
>
> The folder "eta" does not exist in "model".  I'm looking for tips on
> how to figure out how the old eta GEM files were being created.  Any
> ideas or pointers?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> - scott
>
> --