[GEMPAK #XGM-695390]: trouble with gempak build

Hello Ernest,

Depending on which compiler you're using, you should try to edit either
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_g77 or $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran (if
your system is 64-bit then sub linux64_ for linux_) so that the motif libraries
are linked statically.

replace (preferably by commenting/uncommenting the lines):

MOTIFLIBS = $(X11LIBDIR) -Wl,-static -lXm -Wl,-Bdynamic -lSM -lICE -lXp -lXext
-lXft

with

MOTIFLIBS = $(X11LIBDIR) -lXm

and attempt the build again.  Hopefully this will clear up the openmotif errors
during the make process.  If not, please let me know and we'll take a look once
again.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Hello,I am having trouble building the gempak on a redhat enterprise 5
> box.  I have installed openmotif as well as some missing xlibs and
> rebooted.  The make process is still generating errors and I am
> attaching the make.out file.Thank you for your helpErnie Sessa

Ticket ID: XGM-695390
Department: Support GEMPAK