[GEMPAK #VTG-818964]: Help building GEMPAK on Cray XT5 with pgi

Mark,

It appears that the environmental variables OS_BIN and OS_LIB are being
redefined in your Makeinc.linux64_pgi and that this is the source of the
problem.  OS_BIN and OS_LIB are defined in Gemenviron.profile as
$NAWIPS/os/$NA_OS/bin and $NAWIPS/os/$NA_OS/lib, respectively.  If you remove
the last two lines from your Makeinc file where these are being redefined, I
believe the build will correctly find libnetcdf.a.

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> GEMPAK Support,
>
> I am having trouble building GEMPAK on a Cray XT5.  I believe I followed the
> installation instructions as closely as I could.  I did have to make a new
> Makeinc (Makeinc.linux64_pgi).  I have attached several files:  build.log
> (which has the error), Makeinc.linux64_pgi, and Gemenviron.profile.
>
> Basically during the make, the make system is unable to find
> /usr/bin/ld:
> /nics/e/sw/xt5/gempak/5.11.4/sl5.2_pgi7.2.5/GEMPAK5.11.4/lib/linux64.pgi/lib
> netcdf.a: No such file: No such file or directory
>
> I see that the make system did build libnetcdf.a, just in a different
> location:
> faheymr@krakenpf7> ls GEMPAK5.11.4/os/linux64/lib
> libexslt.a     libhdf5.la        libnetcdf.la*  libxslt-plugins/
> xsltConf.sh
> libexslt.la*   libhdf5.settings  libxml2.a      libz.a*
> libhdf5.a      libjasper.a       libxml2.la*    pkgconfig/
> libhdf5_hl.a   libjasper.la*     libxslt.a      python2.4/
> libhdf5_hl.la  libnetcdf.a       libxslt.la*    xml2Conf.sh
>

> So I am wondering why the make system is looking for all the libraries in
> one location, yet it places libraries in multiple locations.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Fahey

Ticket ID: VTG-818964
Department: Support GEMPAK