[GEMPAK #POB-953699]: libgfortran

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I'm (trying) to run the gempak binary on a 64-bit linux and it keeps looking
> for a file that doesn't exist.  It wants libgfortran.so.1, but I have
> libgfortran.so.3.  How do I get gempak to just get over it?

You should _not_ rename the shared gfortran library.  Instead, you can
try making a link to the library and see if that works:

<as 'root'>
-- in the directory where libgfortran.so.3 lives:
ln -s libgfortran.so.3 libgfortran.so.1

It is possible that this will not work/work correctly.  If it does not,
you have two options:

- find and install the gfortran distribution that provides libgfortran.so.1
- build the distribution from source

Building from source will likely be the less problematic approach in
the long run as it eliminates potential errors that could arise from use
of different gcc libraries.  Of course, the downside to this approach is
that you would need to install several packages like OpenMotif (runtime and
development environment), development package for png and jpeg, and you
would need the development libraries for X.

Ticket ID: POB-953699
Department: Support GEMPAK