[GEMPAK #IVY-490026]: Point data from wind grid

Hi Mark-

> Full Name: Mark Hughes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I would like to extract point data from a model which contains the GRIB wind
> data.
>
> I see GDPOINT will work for scalar models, but how can I get wind data at a
> specific lat/lon?

You could run it twice - once with gfunc=uwnd and once with gfunc=vwnd.
Or you could use drct (direction) and mag(wnd) for the wind speed.

Otherwise, gdpoint and gdlist only support scalar data.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: IVY-490026
Department: Support GEMPAK