[GEMPAK #DDE-509463]: Wrong Architecture

Hi Dave,

re:
> I am trying to run gempak decoders on the data I am receiving via the
> LDM, but apparently get error messages.

OK.

> All of you questions come up with the right answer, except the last one.

OK.

> When I run the ldd command on snmap, it says "not a dynamic executable"

This is what is to be expected.

We built the 5.11.1 distribution on a 64-bit, Xeon-based PC running Fedora 8
Linux
here at Unidata. You did not say what distribution of Linux you are running...
what
is it?  If it is a non-PC-based Linux (e.g., SGI), then the format of the
executables
in our binary Linux distribution would be incompatible with your hardware.
This is the
only thing that seems to make sense given your original report of

  Exec format error. Wrong Architecture

This option did not present itself to me initially because of another of your
comments:

  I have gotten my ldm properly configured and am successfully storing files.

This is why I asked if you were decoding data ingested with the LDM into GEMPAK
files.

If you are running Linux on a non-PC machine, your only option at this point
would
be to build the GEMPAK distribution from source code.  Please refer to the
Unidata
GEMPAK HomePage for additional details.

Ticket ID: DDE-509463
Department: Support GEMPAK