[GEMPAK #QYV-528693]: Trying to decode GEM feed

Hi Samuel,

re:
> The period of time where we didn't receive GEM data(March 29-30) was
> after we experienced a power outage.  I didn't expect anything during
> that period of time.

OK.

> I see that we're now receiving gem data in /data/ldm/cmc.

Very good.

> You have me stumped as to why dcgrib2 is/isn't a dynamic executable.

I'm stumped also.

However, I found out why the ~ldm/etc/pqact.gempak action for dcgrib2
decoding of CMC data is not working:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
decoders/dcgrib2
decoders/dcgrib2: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.1:

So, the problem is that dcgrib2 was built using gfortran, and the gfortran
shared
library is not being found because gfortran is not installed on shu.  The quick
solution is to install gfortran:

<as 'root'>
yum install gfortran  (or something similar)

Ticket ID: QYV-528693
Department: Support GEMPAK