[GEMPAK #AFF-463659]: gempak compile and binary problems

Hi Gerry,

re:
> Lemme get libxslt installed.  I'll add that to the info of what I have
> to have from a CentOS build if I don't "install everything".

OK.  Please be aware that there may be additional packages that come up as
missing.

The way I found the missing Motif and libxslt problems was to look through
the 'make' log file looking for 'error:'.  The first one that has
something like include file not found, etc. was the indication of a
problem that needs addressing.  I say "real" problem because you _will_ find
an error earlier in the file that indicates that the C++ preprocessor does
not working correctly (in output from a 'configure' invocation), but that is
not relevant.

> And, no I've not snagged another binary and tried.  I'm catching time to
> work on this either between sessions or at the SURA booth, or at the
> hotel near midnight or early morning.  Suboptimal troubleshooting times,
> I'm afraid.

I understand.  My thinking is that it may be possible that the double free
error you are seeing in the 5.11.1 version of nex2img is not there in the
previous version of GEMPAK.  If this is the case, you could copy the binary
that does work for you to the appropriate 'bin' directory (after renaming
the version that doesn't work) and be on your way.

Ticket ID: AFF-463659
Department: Support GEMPAK