[GEMPAK #AFF-463659]: gempak compile and binary problems

Hi Gerry,

Sorry for the tardy reply.  Your email was dumped as spam by the checker that
runs on email
sent to our inquiry tracking system.  I just noticed this and resent the
message - minus
the make.out attachment - back through.

re:
> Trying to get gempak to run on a Centos 5 system (SMP, not 64bit,
> gfortran). I'm especially interested in running nex2img on this one (may
> go to an IDV script later, if this doesn't work out).

OK.

> System is radar2.tamu.edu, and the make.out file is attached.  Ideas,
> finger-pointing welcome.

Everything goes smoothly until:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/source/nxmlib'
gcc -DUNDERSCORE -DLinux -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/include -I/home/gemp
ak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -O  -I/usr/X11R6/include -
I/usr/X11R6/include -c NuiColorInit.c
In file included from NuiColorInit.c:1:
/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/include/geminc.h:54:22: error: Xm/XmAll.h: No
such file or directory
In file included from /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/include/gemprm.h:150,
                 from NuiColorInit.c:2:

This says that the Motif include file, XmAll.h was not found on your system.
One possible cause is that the
compiler isn't searching for the files in the right place; the other
possibility is that you do not
have needed Motif development include files and libraries installed on your
machine.

If you don't have Motif (or OpenMotif) installed, installing it should get you
going.

If you do have Motif installed, but it is not being found, you will need to
edit:

~gempak/NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran

and set the environment variables that specify where the Motif include files
(MOTIFINC) and
libraries (MOTIFLIBS) can be found.  This is best done by first making a backup
of the
file and then modifying:

<as 'gempak>
cd ~/NAWIPS/config
cp Makeinc.linux_gfortran Makeinc.linux_gfortran.orig
-- edit Makeinc.linux_gfortran and make the necessary changes
-- restart your build

> I'm stuck at Ocean Sciences 2008 in Orlando and can't spend a lot of time
> looking at it
> except at night.

OK.  I am betting that your machine does not have Motif (OpenMotif) installed,
so I would
start looking there.

> Thanks

No worries.