[GEMPAK #BRQ-115692]: gempak gdradr glibc problem

Hi Tom,

re:
> Thanks, Tom.

No worries.  I wish I was up enough on GEMPAK to be able to convey
some sage words of wisdom on the "double free" problem, but I am
afraid that this will take some slogging...

> We actually have to use a certain projection
> and grid size for our particular application, but I'll
> play with it a bit anyway.

OK, and thanks for trying to see if a small change in the projection
definition makes any difference in the execution.

By the way, have you tried the gdradr invocation before with good success?
If yes, what version of GEMPAK were you using?

As far as potentially having to rebuild GEMPAK from source, it strikes me
that a a "double free" error would most likey be caused by some logic problems
in the code.  I don't think that the fact that you are running the binary
code built on Fedora 7 on a RedHat 4 distribution would cause that kind of
an error.  Of course, I could be dead wrong in that assumption...

Looks like code diving is in order!

> Chiz is down here, eh? Savannah River isn't far from here
> at all. Interesting move.

Yea, Chiz wanted to get back into doing science again, and his children
are at an age where he either had to make his move now, or wait for
quite a few years.  As you might guess, we miss him terribly on a variety
of levels!

Ticket ID: BRQ-115692
Department: Support GEMPAK