[GEMPAK #ZUL-859909]: Lat/Lon grid definition

> Full Name: Mark Hughes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.10.3
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: HP Pavillion
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I am using gpmap to draw .vgf files produced from BUFR data.
> I would like to draw lat/lon grid lines with a dotted line which has dots one
> degree apart.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Hughes
> Global Weather Dynamics, Inc.

Mark,

One solution I have to ensure 1 degree spacing and allow you the flexibility of
choosing any marker type (dots, crosshair, etc) is to create a station table
with
bogus station ids for every lat/lon and then use STNPLT to plot the station
locations in the table.
This might be slower than you want, but guaranteed to work. I attached a script
to output
those points which you can redirect to a file. Here is the STNPLT line I tested
after
running the script and outputting to a file latlonpt.stn:
STNPLT   = 0|3/15/3/1|latlonpt.stn

Another simple solution is to create a 1 degree CED file (eg proj #003) or just
grab the latest GFS and use gdplot2
to plot a marker (eg TYPE=m), set IJSKIP=0, MARKER = 3/15/3/1. I like this
since it allows you to use IJSKIP
to filter the points to change the spacing (multiples/filter) should you like.

Anyhow, thats 2 solutions off the top of my head.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: ZUL-859909
Department: Support GEMPAK