Re: [gembud] nex2gini question(s)

Pete,

To run nex2gini, the GFUNC variable is used as the %PROD% parameter name
in the search for available files.

The nex2gini phelp shows the use of GFUNC=N0R, which then would look for
files named $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/N0R/N0R_YYYYMMDD_HHNN
The datatype.tbl template is used so that each %SITE% within the
provided nexrad.tbl file can be search for within the specified time
range where
the site id is part of the directory structure provided by the template.

The N0R string will not match your BREF_1.00 string, so you are not
finding
any files that match the criteria, and therefore the blank product. The
N0R string
is part of the PIL identifier in NOAAport, so provides a convenient way
to file
the data from the LDM. If you are using BREF as a convention, you will
have to adjust the GFUNC name accordingly, but I would suggest not using
the
"_" character within your parameter name since it may confuse the
parsing of the other fields. Eg, use BREF1/BREF1_YYYYMMDD_HHNN with
GFUNC=BREF1.

The output file is creates in the current directory if no other file
path is given.
The datatype.tbl file is used for template matching of input data, but
not used
in any way for creation of your output file.

As for file size, when COMPRESS=NO, a standard GINI format file is
created.
The KXKY=4736;3000 is a raster of 14,208,000 points, so your output file
will be that many bytes, plus 512 bytes of header information. Using
COMPRESS=yes will use PNG compression for the raster portion, and
depending
on the actual data, will compress to around 2MB.