[GEMPAK #KFP-924454]: nagrib problem on OSF1 tru64 machines in GEMPAK 5.10.4

David,

Our Tru64 system has been frozen at v5.1 for some time now.
Can you provide me with details on what OS version you have, and whether
you are receiving active updates to the OS? Our Alpha system as well
as our PA-Risc system are difficult for the Sysadmins to support now, so it
would
be helpful to know what the community direction is for these systems.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello,
>
> This is a pretty low priority bug, since dcgrib2 can be used instead
> of nagrib, but I noticed that 5.10.4 nagrib built under OSF1 with
> Tru64 does not work properly (it probably hasn't worked properly since
> the change to the C-code version).  When run, you see whacky control
> characters for the date:
>
> First time in file: \340-\370^_^A
> Last  time in file: \310-\370^_^A
>
> and the file created has no data in it for this OTIS SST field from
> FNMOC.  I did confirm that the 5.10.4 built on a Linux 64-bit OS works
> fine for this conversion.  Building the OSF1 Tru64 version of GEMPAK
> 5.10.4 was tricky, but we finally got most programs working after
> installing Motif2.1 and using the attached Makeinc.osf.
>
> David
> --
> David Ovens            e-mail: address@hidden
> Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
> Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
> Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
> University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
> Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
> http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops

Ticket ID: KFP-924454
Department: Support GEMPAK