[GEMPAK #XIQ-763682]: question about crontab with GEMPAK5.10.2

Gustavo,

I was able to log in to your system with Tom Yoksas who helped with
your setup. The problem I find is that your data arriving via LDM is
very far behind. Very little data is making it to the GEMPAK data file, and
your script
which sets the plot hour through `date -u +%H` is not finding any available data
in the GEMPAK file for which to plot.

I ran a test of your script from the /tmp/test directory where the HOUR was set
to 06Z
(approximately 14 hours old) and was able to produce a gif output. Using the
current hour
fails due to your lack of current data.

The GEMPAK command "sfctime metar" will show you what data times are available
in your
current metar dta file which you can see is generally far behind the present
time.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Unidata'support,
>
> It seems there is a problem with our software or system,
> (Buenos Aires University, Argentina).
>
> For a reason our scripts are not running any more. We changed to
> GEMPAK5.10.2 version; the previous one worked all right.
>
> By running them directly from a session
> it works all right, from the command line;
> wiht the crontab doesn't.
>
> By the way, there is just one script that works with crontab.
> It generates ascii files instead of images.
>
> I’ve asked to gempak’s mailing list but I’m not sure if this problem
> belongs to them or if it’s a general problem. Well, can you help us? The
> account we are using for running this is “gempak”.
>

> Thank you!!!,
>
> Gustavo

Ticket ID: XIQ-763682
Department: Support GEMPAK