[GEMPAK #SFS-902865]: Problems with upperair decoder

Mark,

Make sure your decoder log shows the number of bulletins being processed. If it
is
"0", then likely your data does not have the correct FOS headers to wrap the
product for the decoder
to locate the data.

Also check what you are assigning the variables you are using in the file name.
Generally
a file template is used instead such as YYYYMMDD_upa.gem rather than defining
the
date/time for the file. Lastly, use the "-c" option if the data is not current.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> We are having problems with our upperair decoder (dcuair).
>
> Our directory structure is
> /gem/gempak/GEMPAK5.10.4
> /gem/gempak/nawips5.10.3
>
> The problem we are encountering is:
>
> /gem/gempak/nawips5.10.3/os/linux/bin/dcuair
> /tmp/${yy}${mm}${dd}_upa.gem < /tmp/upper.dat.$$ >&/tmp/get_single_trig.log
>
> We have traced the issue to the dcuair decoder, it is not creating the
> file YYMMDD_upa.gem
>
> The log file states that dcuair is successful and the permissions on the
> directory are correct.
>
> However the file is not being created.
>
> Do you have any recommendations?
>

> Thanks,