[GEMPAK #ANY-702878]: Gempak 10.4

Kevin,

As noted in the 5.10.3 What's new:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.10/whats_new.html#5.10.3

GFORTRAN is now the default I use to build the linux executables.
You can either build from source using g77, or update your linux environment so
that gcc/gfortran v4.1+ is available so that the libgfortran.so is found on
your system. The FC5 and later environments all have this configuration.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hey,
>
> I downloaded the binary version from the Unidata webpage of Gempak5.10.4
> I untarred it and so forth but when I tried to run any programs I kept
> getting an error message.  The error message was
>
> "nmap2: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.1: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> It could have been nsharp, ntrans, gpmap or whatever but I kept getting
> that same error message. Surprisingly though ntl did run but nothing
> happened when I clicked on the gui's for the various programs to start.
> I am currently running Gempak5.10.2 and having no real problems....so I
> am not sure what the issue is here.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Kevin Polston
> Senior Instructor, NWSTC
> Kansas City MO 64152
>
> 816-880-9314 ext 273