[GEMPAK #VBM-697371]: GEMPAK - Postscript print size

Mark,

The available paper trays that are defined are 8.5"x11" and 11"x17".
The order of xsize;ysize defines portrait vs landscape.

The size of the paper is dependent on the whether you have a printer that
understands the prolog in the code to automatically select a specific tray.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05123.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: Global Weather Dynamics, Inc
> Package Version: GEMPAK5.8.3a
> Operating System: Linux Intel
> Hardware Information: HP Pavillion
> Inquiry: Hi,
>
> I can't seem to control the print size of the postscript output.
>
> I use the command:
>
> DEVICE   =  PS | $mapName.ps | 10 ; 7.5 | M
>
> It appears that I always get xsize:ysize = 11;8.5
>
> I have found an online manual in at a couple of locations.  One (GEMHELP
> 5.2)only documents the form:
>
> device | name
>
> another (GEMPAK 5.10.3) documents the form:
>
> device | name | xsize ; ysize | color type
>
> Do I need to move to a later release? or is my syntax wrong?
>
> Thanks alot,
>
> Mark Hughes

Ticket ID: VBM-697371
Department: Support GEMPAK