[GEMPAK #XRP-474429]: dcmetr, dcmsfc table names

> Hi...
>
> Could you tell me what GEMPAK station lookup tables are used by each of
> the programs dcmetr and dcmsfc?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Good morning Art.

The default station tables used but the decoders are:
dcmetr: sfstns.tbl
dcmsfc: msfstns.tbl

These are both defined in the top lovel main program routine.

I send out the pqact patterns in
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in
for dcmetr to use "-s sfmetar_sa.tbl" which is a table I maintain here with
about 1200 additional stations
than sfstns.tbl.I maintain the separate table to facilitate updates from NCEP
as far as having
to add back stations to the table. The NCEP GEMPAK distribution has a limit of
4800 stations,
so the sfmetat_sa.tbl file has more stations than the NCEP distribution would
be able to use.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: XRP-474429