[GEMPAK #OAQ-265981]: Gempak sigmet/airmet plotting

Raymond,

The GPMAP program uses file name templates define in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl for
plotting the various data types. That is, the file name for CSIG is derived
from the CSIG template in the datatype.tbl, using the file templates to
arrive at the appropriate date/time patterns for files found in that directory.

The $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in file
provides LDM pattern actions for the dc decoders that match the datatype.tbl
file patterns. If you use the pattern/naming conventions provided
for the LDM, then the datatype.tbl entries will match as well. If you use a
different
naming convention for the decoded files, you also have to change the
datatype.tbl file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I'm trying to plot sigmets and airmets on gempak but having a little
> trouble. I've taken the wmo file and converted them into lat lons via
> dccsig decoder program and now I'm trying to plot these on the map using
> gpmap. Your examples say to use last, all, or one of the combinations in
> csig or airm but where do you tell gpmap which file to use? Where do you
> specify the filename of this converted dccsig output file?
>

> Thank you
>
> ---
>
> Raymond Yip, ENSCO Inc., 321-783-9735 x288

> The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use
> of the individuals to whom it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged and sensitive. If
> the reader of this message is not
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
> in error, please notify the
> sender immediately by email at the above referenced address. Thank you.

Ticket ID: OAQ-265981
Department: Support GEMPAK