[GEMPAK #FPB-814614]: sfcntr segfault

> Hi,
>
> I've been having trouble with sfcntr segfaulting.  I'm probably doing
> something very wrong, so if you could let me off the hook :)  Attached is
> a gempak surface file and script that I am using.  It seems to segfault on
> every combination of GEMPAK + OS I have around here.  So I suspect its
> something simple in the script.
>
> Its interesting that on my X86_64 system, this is then logged to syslog
>
> sfcntr[22472]: segfault at 0000000000000080 rip 000000000041a04f rsp
> 0000007fbfff4c10 error 6
>
> I'm using the binary GEMPAK 5.10.2 x86_64 on RHEL4
>
> thanks!
> daryl

Daryl,

This ones on me! They added parameters to a few library calling sequences for
the number of digits in a contour label, and to avoid small contours, so
my code needed to be updated to match the new library calls.

I've posted new binaries for linux and linux 64:
www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/nawips-5.10.2/binary/linux/sfcntr
www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/nawips-5.10.2/binary/linux64/sfcntr

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support