Re: simple FORTRAN code for GEMPAK that fails on 64-bit Linux machines

David,

I don't have ifort to test against, but wondered if you needed to
explicitly declare your variables to be REAL or REAL*4 (eg, is there
some
sort of default to real*8 in ifort for implicits?).

The type return of the function is implicit as well which may be bad.
Eg, PR_SPED is assumed to be a "real" in the function, so
it might have to be declared as such by the program too.

The 5.10.x releases have specific type casts for these PR_ functions
for calling from C routines in 64 bits for just such problems using
protp_gemlib.h
/* PR library */
#ifdef G_64BIT
   double pr_hgmf ( float *hght );
   double pr_mskn ( float *sped );
   double pr_tmkc ( float *tmpk );
   double pr_hgfm ( float* );
   double pr_knms ( float* );
   double pr_knmh ( float* );
   double pr_reli ( const float*, const float* );
#else

Let me know....

Steve

--