RE: GARP FDF

Robert,

The $GARPHOME/gui/mod.c routine BuildFieldList will read both the
default and the model specific directories and merges the entries unless
there is a model specific file
of the same name as the default chapter. You could modify the "Get
filtered directory lists" section to read the modeldir first, and only
read the chapdir if the routine returns no FDF's- but that requires each
model directory to have a copy or link to common
functions (unlike nmap2's mod_res.tbl file where each model is listed
for
a function that it is valid for).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support