[GEMPAK #ZMT-927806]: Custom coloring a wind barb

Jans,

To redefine a color index everywhere it is used, it is generally
easiest to run the program GPCOLOR first and define theRGB color for
the index there, as:
COLORS = 4=255:168:0
and then run GDPLOT2. The color index will be uniform anywhere that it is used.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a pretty straightforward question.
> > When using GDPLOT2, how do you specify a custom RGB color for a wind
> > barb
> > and the title?
> > More generally: How do you define a custom color so that it is used
> > wherever the
> > redefined color's index is specified?
> >
> > When I specify the following:
> >
> > TYPE=AMP
> > LINE=4=255:168:0
> > WIND=DM4/0.5/1
> > MARKER=4/20/0.75
> > TITLE=4
> > COLORS=4
> >
> > I get the color of the grid markers and the grid point values in the
> > 255:168:0-color
> > but I get the wind arrow and the title in the predefined blue color for
> > index 4.
> >
> > (The online documentation states that the marker characteristics are
> > read from MARKER.
> > That is true but they also seem to be affected colorwise by the value of
> > LINE.
> > The same goes for grid point values (P). Is this an undocumented
> > feature?)
> >

> > Regards Roger

Ticket ID: ZMT-927806
Department: Support GEMPAK