[GEMPAK #PGI-541511]: GPANOT on a cross section?

Brian,

The cross section plots are x/y "graph" mode plots and not
lat/lon "map" mode plots, so gpanot will not be able to convert
lat/lon into axis locations to overlay on gdcross output.

You could calculate x/y screen locations based on cross section
relative locations (eg calculating a normalized 0,1 distance of
an aircraft lat/lon from the cross section cxstns location
and then plot those locations versus a scaled height, but can't be
done automatically at this time given the tools at hand.

Are your aircraft locations in a GEMPAK surface data file?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi Steve!
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to plot an annotation
> on a cross section.  I've used GDCROSS to create a
> cross section of model data, and would like to super-
> impose an aircraft track onto it.  I have lat, lon, alt for
> the aircraft data, and the cross section is height based.
>
> I thought of using GPANOT, but I'm not sure if it was
> designed to be used with cross sections.  The LOCI
> parameter allows for lat, lon but not alt.
>
> Do you know of a way to do this?
>

> Brian Jamison

Ticket ID: PGI-541511
Department: Support GEMPAK