[GEMPAK #AWA-355949]: Re: Higher resolution topographic gempak sat files

Alan,

Your version of GEMPAK is limited in the channel numbers that will be
expected in the GINI image, and the channel 16 I used is
outside of the allowed range. I had thought I made it low enough,
but didn't. I always increase my allowed channel numbers here since
the sounder products on NOAAPort use that higher range of numbers.

I've modified the channel number from 16 down to 5 in the attached
ustopo_dem5.gini2, and the imgtyp.tbl entry is:
TOPO                 TOPO_DEM5     0     95     33     16      1 upc_dem5.tbl

Try this and see if it works for you.

I'm working on seeing if I can use AREA instead of GINI that would avoid some
of these hassles- just don't want to create problems reusing old GOES7 numbers
in case someone is using GOES7 data for something out there.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: AWA-355949
Department: Support GEMPAK