[GEMPAK #PNE-650794]: GEMPAK - Garp Problems

Josh,

Have you modified the Garp_defaults file provided with the 5.10.1 distribution?
What is the file name and location you are attempting to load, the modelkey,
and your
datatype.tbl entry for the key?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: NOAA National Weather Service Omaha Nebraska
> Package Version: 5.10.1
> Operating System: Fedora Core 5
> Hardware Information: Pentium 3 dell 1.5 ghz processor
> Inquiry: We have loaded GEMPAK 5.10.1 and it seems to be working fine. We are
> downloading model grib1 files using gribmaster and then converting them to
> gempak. Everything seems to work until we try and plot data in Garp. The
> models and the model times will be listed, but when we select a scalar or
> vector to be plotted the program just disappears. I think the .gem files are
> good though because we can plot the data using gdplot. After attempting to
> plot some fields with Garp we do get an error message of the following:
>
> GEMPAK: [DG-7] Input grid HGHT ^070320/0000F000 @500 %PRES in QUO cannot be
> found
>
> Otherwise there generally is no error message in the text box.
>
> Any help/suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
>
> Josh Boustead
> NWS Omaha/Valley, NE

Ticket ID: PNE-650794
Department: Support GEMPAK