[GEMPAK #LXA-807502]: gdstat

Shawn,

GDSTAT will use a time range, so you just specify the start and end
times as GDATTIM = start-stop
That assumes you don't have other times in your file that are not intended
in that range. If you have times included in your data set that you don't want
included,
then you should create a new grid file using GDCFIL with CPYFIL being your
old file, and then copy the times you do want to include in your new file using
GDMOD.

GDSTAT can open at most 3 input files. If you have more than 3 input files (eg
10 different
files from your question below), then you will need to use GDMOD to copy the
desired times
into common files.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to gdstat non-consecutive dates, i.e. if i
> have say, 10 storms at different times i want to do a 500-mb hght average
> of, how would I go about this?  Thanks for any assistance you can give
> me....
>
> -Shawn Milrad
>
> --
> Shawn Milrad
> Graduate Research Assistant
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> McGill University
> Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Cell:  514-835-1917

Ticket ID: LXA-807502