[GEMPAK #XTW-228983]: plotting aircraft data on a cross section

Brian,

GEMPAK doesn't have the ability to plot individual point observations on a
vertical
grid. You can match up sncross and gdcross output if margins, xaxis and yaxis
are the same, but sncross only contours SNPARM data and plots the wind
barbs/arrows.

I'm reading your question as the need to plot the actual observations (and not
contours)
onto the generated grid from gdcross. This would require developing a new
program that
would plot data values onto the grid (eg a modified gdcross/sncross program with
snmap type of station model plotting.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello Steve!
>
> I had used GDCROSS to make some cross section plots of model data,
> and I have some aircraft data (taken in a straight line along the cross
> section) that I wanted to plot onto these cross sections for
> verification.
> I have lat, lon, and alt for position, and the model cross sections are
> height based.
>
> Do you know if there is a way to do this with GEMPAK?
>
> Let me know, thanks!
>

> Brian Jamison

Ticket ID: XTW-228983
Department: Support GEMPAK