[GEMPAK #GIP-330413]: Converting image data to VGF

Matt,

I'm unclear as to what you mean by "image".

GEMPAK/NMAP2 are capable of displaying satellite and radar imagery
from their native.

What type of "image" are you referring to? If it can be mapped into a GINI
(NESDIS) type of projection then display would be straight forward. Otherwise,
converting a raster type of image to a gridded data set might be the way to
proceed.

The VGF format is an object/vector format rather than image format, so that is
not
likely going to work well.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello GEMPAK,
>

> I am looking for the most direct path in converting an image to a VGF file
> for viewing in NMAP2. I know that the starting image has to be georeferenced
> to the grid, thus why an image cannot be directly loaded into NMAP. Also,
> what color limitations would I have with the resulting VGF under this
> process?
>

> Thank you for the support,
>
> Matt Havin
>
> Baron Services