[GEMPAK #WIN-831141]: bug in gdprof for soundings at a grid point

David,

Previously I modified the internal navigation to fix the grid interpolation
problem you were seeing
for vectors between grid points by creating a new grid subregion centered on
the gpoint (eg so
the gpoint location would be on a remapped grid point and the vectors wouldn't
be using interpolated
components between grid points).

In doing that, I created a new internal navigation, which is conflicting with
the later query of
the user point back into the original navigation (now the new grid is a 3x3
grid about the GPOINT
rather than the original model domain, so your GPOINT=@x;y is not defined in
the new space).
In fact, the output you are seeing for the GPOINT=lat;lon case should be
showing a pair of
grid points in the new 3x3 domain now instead of the original grid if you look
at that too!

I'll have to save the original navigation, and restore it after I do the
interpolation
(I'll apply this to the gdpoint program as well since I made the same change
there).

I'll get that done tomorrow (trying to beat the snow and subzero temps home
today ;-)

Thanks for pointing this out.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

> I'd like To follow up with some info on this bug.  It was introduced
> in 5.9.1, 5.8.4 still worked fine.
>
> David
>
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:11:29PM -0700, Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> >
> > David Ovens,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and
> > reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make
> > sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line in all future
> > correspondence regarding this inquiry.
> >
> >     Ticket ID: WIN-831141
> >     Subject: bug in gdprof for soundings at a grid point
> >     Department: Support GEMPAK
> >

> > Please do let us know if we can assist you any further,
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WIN-831141
Department: Support GEMPAK