[GEMPAK #PAL-462064]: NMAP2 grid entries

> I would like to modify the data acess controls of GRID tab of the nmap2 so
> that we only acees what we have, for example, we don't have fslruc2 data
> so I don't want to list the fslruc2 in the tab. As my understanding, I
> need to comment on the entry FSLRUC2. However, this doesn't affect the
> GRID tab. How can I do? What other file shoul I modify? Thanks for your
> help,
>
> Wen

Wen,

The list of grids that provides the tabs/labels is obtained from the
$GEMTBL/nmap/mod_res.tbl file.

On startup, nmap2 reads that file and determines all grid datatypes provided in
the rightmost (4th)
column of that file. To remove unused entries, you can edit the file and do a
global deletion of the string
such as ";fslruc2", or use a stream editor like sed like:
cat mod_res.tbl | sed 's/;fslruc2//g' > mod_res.newtbl

If you are editing a model list where you would delete all of the grid names,
then instead comment out the line.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: PAL-462064