[GEMPAK #RVO-549444]: gempak 5.9.4 isssues

Tom,

Verify that your GEMDATA environmental variable is correctly defined
in Gemenviron (and/or Gemenviron.profile). Since NMAP2 shows no data in the
data source window, it sounds like either:
1) The GEMDATA directory isn't correctly defined
2) The $GEMTBL location isn't pointing to the current/correct version location

Yes, the fdf directories do have to be renamed to match the model keys used.

Since your decoders are creating the $GEMDATA/model subdirectories,
it seems like a problem with the environmental variables  for
the display environment.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded gempak from v. 5.7.2 to 5.9.4 and have been having
> a few problems after installing.
>
> The new subdirectory feature in $MODEL seems to be working fine for the
> most part except that the NAM models are not showing up in the drop-down
> menu for Garp.  The entries $GEMTBL/grid/gribgribkey.tbl for the ldm
> appear to correspond to the entries in $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl for
> Garp.  We are getting the 'nam211' and 'nam212' grids and those are the
> modelkeys for them.  The ECMWF model is also not showing up in the menu.
> (I suppose the subdirectory names in fdf will also need to be renamed to
> reflect the name changes from avn to gfs and eta to nam.)
>
> The other major problem is that there are no data displayed in the data
> source window in NMAP2.  Again, it seems like the entries
> $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl line up with the pattern actions in the
> $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/tempalates files.
>
> Tom
> Tom McDermott                         305 Lennon Hall
> Systems Administrator                 Email: address@hidden
> Earth Sciences Dept.                  Phone: (585) 395-5718
> SUNY College at Brockport             Fax: (585) 395-2416

Ticket ID: RVO-549444
Department: Support GEMPAK