[GEMPAK #YIV-608718]: Grib to Gempak?

> Hi,
> I've been trying to use the "dcgrib" option in GEMPAK to convert the
> NARR 3-hrly data (in GRIB format) to a GEMPAK gridded file. But I've had
> no luck. Can you offer any help concerning how to do this properly?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Steve Saleeby
> Colorado State University

Steve,

Use dcgrib2 rather than the outdated dcgrib for all decoding. I've
tested the grid 221 from the NOMADS site and it works.

If you have other problems, please send your decoding command you are
attempting to use, as well as your GEMPAK version and either the source
location or sample data file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

Ticket ID: YIV-608718